Thursday 29 May 2008

Come on the reds.

Bit behind schedule this week 'cause I've never stopped! Well that's not completely true but it has been a busy few days. On Tuesday I collected the compressor & sand blasting attachment. All went well & the beams look great but on the way back from dropping the equipment off just the Lightweight decided to play up. The clutch pedal was a bit spongy & by the time I'd made it back to Lagarrigue I couldn't get it out of gear. I'll have to make a phone call to my local Land Rover consultant, Philip, when he returns from Paris & hopefully he'll be able to give a bit of advise. The Lightweight has become an indispensable tool over the last few months & the sooner it's back on the road the better. On Wednesday I'd been helping Thierry finish off Mr P's patio & he'd been confident that Chelsea would win the football as they had more French players than Manchester United. I'd mentioned that I was born just outside Manchester & although not a big football fan I would be supporting the Reds. There followed a lot of ribbing in French, most of it needless to say I couldn't understand, but when we arrived on Thursday football wasn't mentioned & I only wish I'd had a MUFC shirt to wear.

On Saturday we headed back to the UK to make the most of the long bank holiday & catch up with Rebecca & Matthew. It turned out to be a typical English bank holiday in London with lots of rain & a visit to B & Q. Despite this we had a great time and managed to fit in a curry, a film (good old Indie never disappoints), a meal at the youngest ever restaurant to be awarded a Michelin star & a little DIY at Rebecca & Alan's. Barbara had arranged to bring her mum & aunt back with her & we were meeting at St. Pancras station on Wednesday morning. It's a fantastic place & they've done a great job renovating it but I still think Grand Central station in The Big Apple takes some beating. We had a good flight back care of good old Ryanair & were surprised to see that EDF had been out & dug the road up in preparation for fitting the new electric supply. There'd obviously been no bank holiday in France this weekend – now there's a surprise!

No comments: