Sunday 9 March 2008

For Sale - A house in the Averyon, France


I suppose it only serves me right for gloating about the beautiful weather last week. It's been bitterly cold, wet & on Tuesday we had snow! So the biking training schedule has gone completely out of the window as I've become a bit of a fair weather biker of late. It hasn't stopped us getting on with work though. I had hoped to be able to hire a small digger this week to dig the trench for the new water & electric supply but unfortunately for me the owner was using it so I had no alternative but to get the pick & shovel out. My original plan was to dig a trench along the side of the road but after just a couple of swings of the pick it was obvious the hard core had spread a little & it would make sense to find another route, straight through Barbara's garden. The top soil came up easily & with Barbara's help, who swings a mean pick, it wasn't long before we hit clay. At that point she decided there were far better things she could be doing with her time and left me to dig the trench down to a depth of 75 centimetres. Turned out it was fairly rock & stone free so on Friday afternoon it was a quick dash to the builders merchant for a length of red plastic pipe to house the electric cable, water pipe and a trailer full of gravel, something to keep me occupied over the weekend. With the trench dug all that was left was to get into the cellar which, when you consider the walls are 65 centimetres thick, was probably going to take a little hammering but by Sunday afternoon the pipes were in place, the trench backfilled, the hole in the cellar filled with stone & the area for EDF's meter prepared, and that was with Saturday spent in Albi on a very enjoyable if a little wet day off.

On Wednesday we'd had the local estate agent out to take photographs and measurements in preparation for marketing the house. We signed the paperwork, you think estate agents fees are high in the UK, and the house was on the internet by 6:00 that night. We're also having a go at marketing the house ourselves & you can have a look by clicking HERE. Please feel free to forward the link on and there's a bottle or two of wine (not Aldi's €0.99/bottle vintage) for anyone who generates some interest for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.